What is DCS?
A Distributed Control System (DCS) is a particularly designed automated control system that consists of control elements that are geographically scattered throughout the plant or control region.
It varies from centralised control systems in that a single controller in a central location handles control, but with DCS each processing element, machine, or set of machines is handled by a dedicated controller. DCS is made up of a large number of local controllers located across the plant control area that are linked by a high-speed communication network.
In this article, we are going to discuss Honeywell’s various DCS models and its features.
Honeywell is an American multinational company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was founded in 1906.
Honeywell DCS models and their features
The main Honeywell DCS models are
- Experion LX
- Experion LCN
- Experion PKS C300
- Experion PlantCruise
Experion LX is the ideal platform for allowing customers to expand their scope from process control and management to encompass personnel and assets at any time, as well as to combine the resources of their whole business operations.
Experion LX provides tried-and-true technology with the appropriate agility for increased dependability and sophisticated control:
Gives users the choice of modular control platforms based on Series 8 and ControlEdge for better integration with a variety of industrial applications.
How does Experion LX works?
Experion LX provides a comprehensive control package built on cutting-edge controllers and technology, allowing for enhanced communication and seamless plant-wide operation. The main attributes of this remedy are as follows:
- Prebuilt templates and built-in function blocks
- Rich function libraries that make control techniques more easily
- Application development with Custom Algorithm Blocks (CABs) support to meet industry- and application-specific criteria
- Control Builder, Enhanced Bulk Builder, Quick Builder, Smart Reporting, and HMI are examples of tools that are easy to use.
- Pack of Web Solutions
- Alarm management technologies including dynamic alarm suppression, alarm tracking, and alarm shelving
What are the features of Experion LX?
- It gives users the choice of modular control platforms based on Series 8 and ControlEdge for better integration with a variety of industrial applications.
- Incorporates innovative predictive control technology based on models for loop-control optimization.
- Through Experion Direct Connect Station, ensures there is no “loss of vision” of the key process.
- Greater dependability is guaranteed by using Honeywell’s patented Fault Tolerant Ethernet (FTE) technology.
- Uses IT-enabled methods to boost operations and performance (e.g., virtualization, data mobility, remote operations)
- Verification of the change control process for regulatory compliance
- Simplifies the functionality of engineering and maintenance
With standards-based functionality, regulatory support capabilities, and integrated operations from the field through the plant to the business level, Experion LCN delivers a secure, seamless integration with the Experion PKS architecture.
How does Experion LCN works?
Experion LCN further facilitates continuous innovation for Honeywell clients by enhancing the capabilities of the Enhanced TPS Node. A new ELCN Bridge connects Experion to Classic Coax LCN using the tried-and-true Experion Fault Tolerant Ethernet (FTE) architecture.
One LCN node at a time, after this connection has been made, can be removed from the LCN coax connection. For virtualization to work, just one redundant ELCN Bridge pair is required, as opposed to a hardware connection for each Experion TPS Node.
Experion PKS C300
The unified architecture of Experion PKS combines cutting-edge distributed control system (DCS) technologies with cutting-edge software to enhance process performance, corporate agility, asset management, and employee productivity.
Honeywell’s unified control system for process, business, and asset management, the Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS), aids industrial producers in boosting their profitability and productivity. With an advanced automation platform solution and creative application integration, Experion goes far beyond the distributed control system (DCS) functionality to give customers greater business performance and peace of mind.
Based on Honeywell’s highly regarded Experion Process Knowledge System (EPKS), PlantCruise by Experion effectively serves the requirements of Honeywell users.