What is condensate pot ?
It is designed to trap any foreign material from the pipeline, preventing damage to the sensitive instrumentation components. The condensate is drained from the bottom valve connection, and are suitable for use with our range ofball valves, which acts as the drain port.
Condensate pot installation
Installation can be either vertical or horizontal lines between the primary (Flow Meter) and the secondary (transmitter/ gauge) to act as a barrier to the line fluid permitting direct sensing of the flow conditions. Units should be mounted at the same level minimising possible error that could arise due to unequal head of fluid in the connecting pressure lines
The chamber maintains equal heads of the liquid on the two sides of the measuring instruments and provides a large surface area (top of the liquid) to sense and send any changes to the transmitter. The chamber allows a larger surface area for radiant losses to ensure a proper condensate level for the sensing lines. Without the chamber, the condensate can evaporate at times and provide different liquid levels that affect flow measurements
- Use stainless steel tubing for the connection to the flanges or steam line.
- Place the pot nearer the steam line or flange connection points.
- Keep both the condenser and condensate chamber at the same level as the upper connection point. (An unequal level will cause significant error due to false reads.)
- If the flow device (in the steam line) is installed in a vertical pipe, align the lower connection point to the steam pipe with the upper connection point.
- For flow measurements, keep the instruments below the condensate chamber.
- Install tubing and valves to allow the sensing lines to be blown down every year. This will ensure that no plugging has occurred (plugging affects readings.)
- Use the manual air vent on top of the condensate chamber for venting air at commissioning. (The chamber has to be rated for the maximum pressure and temperature that will occur in the steam line.)
In steam flow measurement special condensate pots are installed in the immediate vicinity of restricting organ. The connection pipes from the restricting device to the condensate pots are full of steam, and from the condensate pot to the meter full of condensate. The condensate pots must be mounted in such a manner that the liquid levels are the same in them. The function of the condensate pots is to condensate steam into a liquid (e.g. to protect the transmitter from heat, to prevent dribbling), to keep the liquid levels unaltered with overflow and to collect air. The condensate water transmits the pressure to the transmitter, so that the transmitter itself is not in contact with steam. Refineries, liquid petroleum gas processing plant, petro-chemical plants, systems difficult to shur off due to solid contents dust, rust, dirt etc.