How does the heat tracing principle works?
Heat tracing is also known as heat tape, electric heat tracing, surface heating is done to maintain the heat level in the pipes or cable and vessels. The pipe is usually covered with thermal insulation to retain heat losses from the pipe. The heat generated by the element is maintained
Heat tracing cables also are known as self-limiting temperature electric heating cable. The temperature of the heating system is automatically adjusted so that the working system is always stable in the operating temperature. Hence the cable posses automatic temperature limit.
Heat tracing is mainly useful in applications of heat to pipes, tanks, instruments, and associated instruments.
Advantages of the self-regulating heating cable: the temperature changes automatically adjust the output power without the need for additional equipment. - the cable can be cut arbitrarily or in a certain range of extended use, and the performance does not change. It allows the superposition of windings without overheating and without worries.
Advantages of electric heating cable:It has the following advantages: with the uniformity of the temperature of the heat pipe, it is not overheated, it is safe and reliable; Electric power saving, a steady state, the power is small; intermittent operation, rapid heating start; - the installation and operation cost is low; easy to operate and maintain; easy to manage automation.
Why is heat tracing done?
• protect from freezing • reduce viscosity • for process maintenance • prevent condensation
How does this principle work in self-regulating heating cables?
• The self-regulating heating cables automatically adjust their power output to compensate for temperature changes. The outer jacket braide and inner jacket provide mechanical, electrical and chemical protection. But heat tracing principle works in conductive core around the two power lock conductors.
• As the ambient temperature drops, the core contracts microscopically and the number of electrical power increases and more heat is produced.
• Conversely, as the ambient temperature rises, the core expands and has fewer electrical powers. So heat is produced.
• At a certain temperature, the electrical powers are disrupted and the power out is close to zero.
• The self-regulating heating cable adjusts its power output along with its internal length. That what makes it a reliable solution for many applications.