After a bachelors in Instrumentation engineering there are various career options. 1. Certification courses Certificate courses are provided for a short term in
- PLC, SCADA
- Basics of Industrial automation
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Hands on training on DCS
- matlab, LabVIEW, Wonderware INTOUCH, RS view
- Embedded and VLSI training
2. Graduate trainee in Industries
Certain companies like Siemens, Bosch, Honeywell take in graduate trainees who will be trained and based on performance taken in.
A graduate program might be a rotational program with international exposure. Other than private companies, Govt Sector organizations also take in graduate trainees.
3. Higher education Masters ,PhD and PostDOCs in fields directly related to or in relation with specific courses taken during bachelors can be done for a career in Academic research. GATE qualifications is needed for most colleges in India. Few private institutions and central government institutions have their own entrance exams.
GRE and IELTS / TOFEL is needed for application to colleges /universities outside India.
4. Dual degree programs Certain private MNCs provide Dual degree programs where there are opportunities to earn while you learn, working part time in the field of study for an academic and industrial exposure. At the end of the degree you earn post-graduation degree along with work experience.
5. Research assistants GATE / NET qualified canditates can directly apply for Research fellows in various Laboratories all over India.
Websites to visit
NOTE : The list is in no way exhaustive, content may be added.