The finest electrical engineering books provide a wide range of electrical engineering topics, are simple to read, and include both theoretical and practical applications. On the other hand, boring and difficult-to-understand textbooks are easy to abandon. Too many miss the fundamentals, leaving you irritated and perplexed.
So, in order to assist you to sort through the excellent and bad, we’ve selected the Top 6 Electrical Engineering Books of 2022.
Safety, electrical concepts fundamental, batteries, series direct-current circuits, network analysis of direct-current circuits, electrical conductors and wiring techniques, electromagnetism and magnetic circuits, introduction to alternating-current electricity, inductance, capacitance, inductive and capacitive reactance, fundamental alternating-current circuit theory, direct-current generators, direct-current motor magnetic amplifiers.
J. Duncan Glover, Thomas Overbye, and Mulukutla S. Sarma’s Power System Analysis and Design is an absolute must-have for power system engineers. When it comes to university courses on power system analysis, this book is THE reference resource (note: anything past the third edition is sufficient).
- Fundamentals of the power system (complex power, 3 phase power, phasors, etc.)
- Transformers of power
- Transmission line characteristics (i.e. ABCD parameters)
- The flow of power
- Faults that are symmetrical and unsymmetrical
- Models of short, medium, and long transmission lines
- System security
- Diagrams such as schematics, block diagrams, and pictorial diagrams
- Conductors, switches, and cables
- Capacitors and resistors
- Diodes, transistors, and logic gates are examples of electronic components.
- Dividers and reducers of voltage
- Transformers and inductors
- Batteries and cells
- Units (Work, Power, and Energy)
- D.C. Circuits
- Series & Parallel A.C. Circuits
- Magnetism And Electromagnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Network Theorems
- Capacitance And Capacitors
- Phasor Algebra
Some other books I would like to refer to are
- Microwave Engineering by David M. Pozar
- Discrete-Time Signal Processing by Alan Oppenheim
- Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers by Surya Santoso
- American Electricians Handbook by Terrell Croft, Frederic Hartwell
- Practical Electrical Engineering by Sergey Makarov and Reinhold Ludwig
- Offshore Electrical Engineering Manual by Geoff Macangus-Gerrard
- Electrical Engineering 101 by Darren Ashby
- Modern Control Systems by Richard C. Dorf and Robert Bishop
- Power Systems Analysis and Design by J. Duncan Glover