Advantages of Vortex meters
1 .Wide rangeability (for Reynolds numbers above l0,OOO). 2. An accuracy of 1 percent of rate. 3.A wide range of sizes. 4. Linear output. 5. Availability of pulse and analog outputs.
Limitations of Vortex meters
- A limited range of construction materials is available.
- Vortex meters are generally not suitable for slurries or O high-viscosity liquids.
- Users cannot check calibration
- Turbulent flow is required.
- Vortex meters have over range limitations.
- Strainers may be required.
- Vortex meters are affected by pulsating flow.